Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Books and Bugs and Other Silly Things

My grandson has a pretty good collection of books. For about 3 years I read to him almost every night at bedtime. It was such a sweet time. We would pick out two or three books. He had some that were his favorites and he would ask for them over and over. I had some that were my favorites, too. We would snuggle and giggle as we read the stories together.

Recently he and our daughter moved away. (sniffle, sniffle) So I can't read to him like I used to. But books are a great way to connect with kids. I picked some that I knew were his favorites. 

WARNING: I give The Book With No Pictures a rating of PG-4. That's because it has the word Boo Boo Butt in it. If your child hears it, he or she may be repeating this word in the grocery store, in church, at day care, and pretty much everywhere. Probably not every adult will fully appreciate the gross humor of a 4-year-old boy. So there is my disclaimer. But my grandson loves it!

John Lithgow does a phenomenal job of reading Oh The Places You'll Go. He rocks the audio version of this book. Just go buy it. The link is below.

I have posted several of our favorite children's books below. Scroll down to see them all. Maybe your child will enjoy them too. I want to hear from you. What books do you like to read to your child? What are their favorites?



July 2015

~The Book with No Pictures by B.J. Novak

 



~Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney




~Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown




August 2015

~Llama Llama and the Bully Goat by Anna Dewdney




September 2015

~The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf

 


 
October 2015

~Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann




January 2016

~Where the Wild Things Are  by Maurice Sendak 





November 2016

~Oh, The Places You'll Go  by Dr. Seuss  



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!